Crunching For Science

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Saturday, 8 September 2012

A funny thing happened

Posted on 09:37 by Unknown
Just when you think you understand computers and certain sets of commands, weird almost  nonsensical things can happen.  So to tell the full story on Wednesday my AC broke down, so trying to keep things as cool as possible in my place, I turned off all my computers when they were not in use, that included my desk top.  I turned it back on on Friday, then checked on it a hour or so later.

Well my
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in cuda, gpu | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • World Community Grid Badge System
    Based on a post on the World Community Grid statistics system, I have decided to write this post hopefully starting a discussion on the pros...
  • Tech Can Make it Too Easy!
    While I am one of the millions who own an iPhone, I am not an apple fan boy by any stretch of the imagination, in fact I lean more towards t...
  • My biggest issue with Linux
    Do not get me wrong, I love Linux, and I have found a way to get to use basically any program I want to use from Windows on Linux.  But for ...
  • Uwingu
    I will not plan on doing posts like this on a regular basis, and I am a bit surprised I am writing this post myself. I would like to throw ...
  • Happy 8 years to World Community Grid!
    I have almost exclusively been dedicating my CPU's to World Community Grid for the past month now.  Why?  It offers a large variety of p...
  • Boinc on Raspberry Pi Page Updated
    The page about Boinc on the Raspberry Pi has been updated.  The good news Asteroids@ home announced support for the Raspberry Pi, and it app...
  • I Created a Monster
    The very first project given to my GPU was a GPU grid long run project, which it says top notch cards could crunch in 8-12 hours. Well I kn...
  • Optiplex 745 Signing on
    In my very first blog post I mentioned that I was expanding my "farm" and the first machine I got almost solely for the purpose of...
  • Expanding the Farm
    If you want to use GPU's to crunch projects, and are a fan of NVIDIA graphics cards, then CUDA is essential, and might as well be your b...
  • A funny thing happened
    Just when you think you understand computers and certain sets of commands, weird almost  nonsensical things can happen.  So to tell the full...

Categories

  • 5+ year old systems
  • Adopting new products
  • Android
  • Beta Testing
  • BOINC on Android
  • Building a computer
  • clusters
  • Coding
  • computers
  • cpu
  • cuda
  • desktop computers
  • Dust
  • gpu
  • hard drives
  • heat
  • Monthly Update
  • Noise
  • operating systems
  • performance
  • power outages
  • processors
  • Programming
  • projects
  • Raspberry Pi
  • Science
  • Technology
  • Troubleshooting.
  • World Community Grid

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (24)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (2)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ▼  2012 (28)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ▼  September (6)
      • Boinc On Raspberry Pi Page Updated.
      • Tough Decisions-- the retirement of a Machine
      • Uwingu
      • Tech Can Make it Too Easy!
      • A funny thing happened
      • Raspberry Pi Update
    • ►  August (7)
    • ►  July (3)
    • ►  June (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile