Crunching For Science

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, 10 October 2012

Milkyway@home on Raspberry Pi (FAILED)

Posted on 19:13 by Unknown
Tuesday Oct 9th:

Found out yesterday that there are a few other projects that offer files which you yourself can compile to customize it for your own system.  These even work on ARM processors ( the big hurdle towards crunching boinc projects on the Raspberry Pi). One of which is Milky way @ home, so I got to work on it last night, only to realize somehow the whole boinc client and manager pair
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in computers, processors, Raspberry Pi, Troubleshooting. | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • World Community Grid Badge System
    Based on a post on the World Community Grid statistics system, I have decided to write this post hopefully starting a discussion on the pros...
  • Tech Can Make it Too Easy!
    While I am one of the millions who own an iPhone, I am not an apple fan boy by any stretch of the imagination, in fact I lean more towards t...
  • My biggest issue with Linux
    Do not get me wrong, I love Linux, and I have found a way to get to use basically any program I want to use from Windows on Linux.  But for ...
  • Uwingu
    I will not plan on doing posts like this on a regular basis, and I am a bit surprised I am writing this post myself. I would like to throw ...
  • Happy 8 years to World Community Grid!
    I have almost exclusively been dedicating my CPU's to World Community Grid for the past month now.  Why?  It offers a large variety of p...
  • Boinc on Raspberry Pi Page Updated
    The page about Boinc on the Raspberry Pi has been updated.  The good news Asteroids@ home announced support for the Raspberry Pi, and it app...
  • I Created a Monster
    The very first project given to my GPU was a GPU grid long run project, which it says top notch cards could crunch in 8-12 hours. Well I kn...
  • Optiplex 745 Signing on
    In my very first blog post I mentioned that I was expanding my "farm" and the first machine I got almost solely for the purpose of...
  • Expanding the Farm
    If you want to use GPU's to crunch projects, and are a fan of NVIDIA graphics cards, then CUDA is essential, and might as well be your b...
  • A funny thing happened
    Just when you think you understand computers and certain sets of commands, weird almost  nonsensical things can happen.  So to tell the full...

Categories

  • 5+ year old systems
  • Adopting new products
  • Android
  • Beta Testing
  • BOINC on Android
  • Building a computer
  • clusters
  • Coding
  • computers
  • cpu
  • cuda
  • desktop computers
  • Dust
  • gpu
  • hard drives
  • heat
  • Monthly Update
  • Noise
  • operating systems
  • performance
  • power outages
  • processors
  • Programming
  • projects
  • Raspberry Pi
  • Science
  • Technology
  • Troubleshooting.
  • World Community Grid

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (24)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (2)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ▼  2012 (28)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ▼  October (3)
      • My biggest issue with Linux
      • Milkyway@home on Raspberry Pi (FAILED)
      • Cold Weather Joys
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (7)
    • ►  July (3)
    • ►  June (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile